Skip to content
- 40 ml Vegetable oil
- 200 g Fresh Onions finely chopped
- 100 g Fresh Celery finely chopped
- 20 g Garlic Purée
- 180 g Fresh Chorizo
- 450 g Long Grain Rice
- 20 g Cajun Spice
- 45 g Tomato Purée
- 40 g Fresh Red Chilli finely chopped
- 500 g Tomatoes chopped
- 1 l Chicken Stock Mix
- 6 g Sea Salt
- 5 g Oregano
- 40 g Salted Butter
- 50 Cajun Prawns
- 300 ml BBQ Sauce
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Chop the onions and celery and fry with the garlic purée until golden and slightly translucent.
- Add the chorizo and sauté until the oil is released. Add the rice and coat it with the released chorizo oil.
- Add the Cajun spice, tomato purée, red chillies and cook for a further 5-6 minutes
- Add the chopped tomatoes and top-up with the stock, cook until nearly all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Stir through the salt, oregano and butter. Cover and leave until required.
- Fry the prawns until cooked, five per portion and keep warm.
- Serve the jambalaya, top with the prawns and a drizzle of BBQ sauce
| Prep Time||25 mins|
| Cook Time||25 mins|
Share on Social Media