Skip to content
- 400 g Medium Oatmeal
- 80 ml Pure Olive Oil
- 180 g Fresh Onions other Diced 3mm
- 8 g Fresh Thyme
- 600 g Fresh Chestnut Mushrooms
- 10 Large Fresh Egg
- 1500 g Black Peppercorn other Cracked
- If using porridge oats, blend oats down until they resemble a course crumb.
- In a large pan, heat the oil and sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the oatmeal and slowly cook for 10-15 minutes. Add a little water if required, in order to keep the texture.
- Chop most of the thyme, leaving some sprigs to garnish, and add to the pan.
- Stir through the roasted mushrooms and season if required.
- To serve: Poach the eggs and serve the oatmeal skirlie in chosen container, top with the poached egg and black pepper.
- Finish with thyme sprigs.
| Prep Time||30 mins|
| Cook Time||15 mins|
Share on Social Media