Skip to content
- 100 ml White Wine Vinegar
- 8 g paprika
- 100 ml Pure olive Oil
- 15 g Turmeric
- 4 g Sea Salt
- 3 g Ground Cumin
- 20 Chicken Thighs (bone in & skin on)
- 250 g Sri Lankan Curry Paste
- 200 g Onions sliced
- 20 g garlic chopped
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Satalks of Lemongrass
- 600 ml Thai Coconut Milk
- 600 g Tomatoes chopped
- 150 g Char grilled red pepper other 1/8
- 150 g Sweet potato other cut into 4cm chunks and roasted in a drizzle of oil for 20 minutes at 180°c
- Mix the vinegar, paprika, cracked black peppercorns, cardamom, 20ml olive oil,
turmeric, salt, cumin, chicken and 100g of the curry paste in a bowl and leave to
marinade for at least 6 hours.
- Once marinated, heat a frying pan and seal the chicken on all sides until coloured.
- In a deep pan, add the remaining oil and sauté the onions and garlic until golden
brown. Then add the remaining curry paste, cinnamon stick, lemongrass
and coconut milk.
- Add the chicken and all the juices, plus the marinade
- Drain the chopped tomatoes, leaving only the pulp and add to the pan.
- Simmer for 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced by half.
- Add the chargrilled red pepper and roasted sweet potato, bring back to a simmer and serve.
| Prep Time||10 hrs|
| Cook Time||55 mins|
Share on Social Media